When i talk about how Campaign for Your Business, I had an interesting story happen as started on this topic. Nelly and Jonas had a wonderful, excitingly busy, holiday season. The returns and exchanges have all been completed and they are overjoyed with the progress they made last year. The new year has come and looking forward with anticipation they are ready to focus on marketing their business in a more efficient and beneficial way.
They reached out to me in hopes that I could suggest something or someone who would assist them in overall web marketing. They were shocked to learn there’s an easy way to use the customer information you have already collected in pos to begin a marketing campaign and Best of all, its built into POS Already!! All you need to do is follow the simple steps below to begin. But first let me tell you a little bit about the company, Constant Contact.
Started in 1995 Constant Contact has grown exponentially to over 600K+ users today. Why? Because it is easy to use, it helps Campaign for Your Business with real customer support, and best of all it works!! When you sign up for the 60-day trial (see link below) you will have access to an amazing support team that will work with you on the best marketing strategies for your business. Solutions like customer surveys, FaceBook promos, Online listings, email campaigns, and many more. Also, did I mention you can use the information you have already collected in POS?! How Handy Dandy is that?! You can Sync Your Customers’ Information Over Automatically! It doesn’t get any easier. Let me tell you this (because I love it). Their mission statement is: “Help small businesses navigate the promise, power, and potential of the web.” I can’t stress enough how amazing this company is and what a wonderful group of people they are! We use Constant Contact at KHB and will never switch. There is nothing else you could want or need! So, let us jump right in and get you started with your Campaign for Your Business
Sign Up for the FREE 60 Day Trial (no CC Required)
- I made it easy for you. Just go to this link: http://www.constantcontact.com/signup.jsp?pn=khbofficellc
- Please be sure to use the link. We get a small portion of your purchase which helps support this blog.
- Make note of your sign in information.
Sync to QB POS
- Sign into POS
- Select Customer from the menu bar, then Create an Email Campaign
- An overview of functionality and suggestions will populate.
- Select Next
- A filter window will appear. Select the option that best fits your intentions.
- Recent Purchase—Contact only customers that have made a purchase in the last x number of days (enter x).
- No Activity—Contact only customers that haven’t made a purchase in x number of days (enter x). Optionally, you can also elect to include only those customers that have made at least one purchase from you anytime.
- Merchandise Interest—Contact only customers that have made a purchase from a particular department or vendor. Click the Select Department/Vendor button to specify which department/vendor. Optionally, you may limit the sales period to the last x number of days.
- Custom—Specify filter criteria to build a customer list. You can filter for any information stored in your customer records (city, ZIP Code, customer type, charge account customers, etc.) and/or for information contained in your customer sales history.
- I am selecting Custom for this example.
you selected Custom enter the criteria for how you want the Customers pulled
- For this example, I just did my own Name
- Select Next
enter the criteria for how you want to filter within your customer selection
using sales history.
- I have no additional filters selected for this example.
- Select Next
- Use the new window to select the customers you want to campaign to. Select or deselect the customer using the check box to the left of the customer record. You can see I have selected myself with a green check.
- Once your preferences have been decided select Next.
- Name the campaign however you like. I like to also add the date for reference.
- You can opt to export the name list for further consideration or automatically send the customer list to Constant Contact.
- For this example, I am sending it directly over.
- Select Finish.
- Sign into Constant Contact (subsequent campaigns will not require this step.)
- Be sure to use the link in step one to sign up. Do Not Use the Link in the Window. This helps us to track the Usage by KHB Customers and Visitors to our site. Thanks!
- Enter in previously documented sign in information.
- Select Continue.
- It may take several moments to transfer the information into Constant Contact. It will ask you to wait and give you a petal emblem while you do so. This is normal.
And that all folks! From there you will sign into Constant Contact online and all of the customer information will be there ready to build into a campaign! Super easy! Soon we will post a blog about how to navigate within the website and an in-depth tutorial of how to use Constant Contact Online.
If you would like to schedule a demo or training session for Constant Contact please reach out to us. If you like this article on how to “Campaign for Your Business” or if you need help with business management, QuickBooks or other tips on Business Information Modeling, you can find more info on how we can help you, contact us or check out how to become a client. You can also check out our Twitter, LinkedIn, and Youtube Channel for more content.